Plesk Onyx put the web developers in the spotlight. They understand the many requirements of modern web development, and come to the rescue with RubyOnRails support, Git integration, and the ability to quickly deploy specific services required by your latest project in the form of Docker containers. Of course, we did not forget about traditional hosters as well, who will be pleased with Plesk Updates Manager, new PHP-realted functionality, improved SSL management, and many other features.
To view the Release Notes for the previous version, Plesk 12.5, see here.
To make deploying your website even easier, Plesk Onyx introduces integration with Git – the most popular source code management system. This feature enables you to do the following:
- Easily deploy your website content by either pushing it to a local Git repository or by pulling from a remote one.
- Use GitHub, BitBucket, Travis, or any other software engineering service of your choice.
- Create multiple branches in a single repository – useful for separating staging and production code.
- Deploy manually for complete control or enable automatic deployment to save time.
To help you meet the evolving requirements of your customers, Plesk Onyx comes with Docker support. Here is what you can do with it:
- Have on-demand access to a wide range of modern technologies, such as redis, mongodb, memcached, and many more.
- Choose from a catalog of available images, or upload a custom image.
- Deploy and manage Docker containers straight from the Plesk interface.
- Install Docker containers locally, or to a remote node registered in Plesk.
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2016 is not officially released yet, but Plesk Onyx already supports its latest available technical previews. This new OS from Microsoft introduces IIS 10 web server with a number of very important features. Wildcard subdomains, HTTP/2 support, new cipher suites and many other interesting features are available in IIS 10 and supported by Plesk Onyx when installed on Windows Server 2016.
The current Windows Server 2016 launch date is around Q3 of 2016, and they are committed to supporting it in Plesk Onyx through all technical previews to the final release. They are looking towards adding SSH and native Docker support.
- Add Node.js applications to your websites with just a few clicks.
- Easily manage the application from Plesk (start/stop/restart the application, install NPM packages, run scripts, edit the configuration files – Plesk does it all).
- Have multiple Node.js versions installed on the server (Plesk for Linux only)
Full Trust Plesk Onyx Hosting Recommendation
ASPHostPortal.com is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Spotlight Hosting Partner in United States. They provide a lot of kind web hosting types such as: Windows hosting, Linux hosting, reseller hosting and many more. As a technology focused web host, their web hosting packages are designed to support popular web development technologies. Windows and ASP.NET hosting are at the core of they business practice. Also, they have over 10 years combined experience in .NET, PHP, Network Administration, System Integration and related technologies to support mission critical hosting for applications built on these platforms. Their service is trusted worldwide and they have served more than 10,000 customers in 5 different continents.
Reason to Host with Plesk Onyx in ASPHostPortal.com
- Excellent Uptime RateASPHostPortal.com key strength in delivering the service to you is to maintain ASPHostPortal.com server uptime rate. They never ever happy to see your site goes down and they truly understand that it will hurt your onlines business. If your service is down, it will certainly become ASPHostPortal.com pain and they will certainly look for the right pill to kill the pain ASAP.
- High Quality HardwareThey love quality and for good reason. Putting together a bunch of hardware isn’t good enough these days. High Quality hardware is specifically designed and engineered to work fast, efficiently and reliably. When you host with ASPHostPortal.com, you can be sure that they using the best in technology.
- Dedicated Application PoolWith us, your site will be hosted using isolated application pool in order to meet maximum security standard and reliability.