Reliable ASP.NET Hosting :: TOP 3 BlogEngine.NET Recommendation
After reviewed hundreds of web hosting solutions, we name a list of top 3 BlogEngine.NET hosting based on the price, compatibility, performance, uptime, and technical support.
BlogEngine.NET is the most popular open source CMS and blog software in .NET framework and MSSQL. Finding a cost effective ASP.NET host is not as easy as finding a Linux based web host, considering with the expensive Microsoft server and database licenses.
To learn more, visit http://asphostportal.com/
To learn more, visit http://hostforlife.eu/
To learn more, visit http://discountservice.biz/
There are a number of ASP.NET hosts, and almost of them claim to support BlogEngine.NET, but only a few of them do a satisfied work. Based on our real experience, we take the following factors into consideration.
Windows OS and MSSQL
The ASP.NET web hosting based on Windows server 2012 is better than the previous editions. It supports the latest IIS 8.0 which integrates with the ASP.NET pipeline much better than IIS 7.0/6.0. In addition, BlogEngine.NET works better on MSSQL than MySQL or PostgreSQL. And the hosting with MSSQL 2012 get higher grade than MSSSQL 2008 and MSSSQL 2005.
The BlogEngine.NET hosting supports multiple .NET framework has a better performance. The more versions supported the less compatible problems existed, and it provides customers more scalability to upgrade the websites in the future. Especially, the .NET framework v4 has a more excellent performance than others.
In general, the Plesk is the best control panel for ASP.NET web hosting, with superb usability, extendibility, stability and functionality. Additionally, DotNETPanel, H-Sphere and other types also have their advantages.
- Full Trust. ASP.NET trust level in IIS determines whether an website could run successfully in the server. The most ideal level is Full Trust that customers won’t have any problems.
- Dedicated application pool. The dedicated application pool prevents the website from other websites problems.
- Memory allocation. Memory allocation is the maximize memory a website could use. Generally, an ASP.NET web hosting with 200 MB memory is enough for most of customers.
- Maximum CPU usage limit. By restricting the maximum CPU usage a website could occupied, the server ensures all websites with enough CPU resources.
It allows web administrators to define powerful rules to transform complex URLs into simple and consistent web addresses – easier for user to remember and easier for search engine to find.
Almost web hosts provide 24×7 technical support, but that’s not enough for BlogEngine.NET. The support staffs of the best BlogEngine.BET hosts should be Windows experts, professional on ASP.NET questions.
All the top 3 best BlogEngine.NET hosts do a good job about the above factors. And they are also outstanding with the following BlogEngine.NET features.
- Multi-author support. BlogEngine.NET completely supports multiple persons to write posts on the same blog. Visitors could only read the favourite author’s posts, or subscribe the the individual author’s RSS feed.
- Full featured. BlogEngine.NET is along with full features customers expect from common blog, including creating posts, editing or removing posts, comment management, using Disqus, setting up categories, changing themes and more. In addition, it also includes new unique features such as AJAX comments and screenshot trackbacks.
- Plug’n play. BlogEngine.NET is very easy to set up and customize. Customers don’t need to configure the databases, and it just plug’n plan. They could just upload the files to ASP.NET 2.0 web servers and begin to write posts.
- Pingbacks and trackbacks. As BlogEngine supports pingbacks and trackbacks, all outgoing links from the posts is tracked, and pinged back. When new posts are created, BlogEngine.NET will automatically pings Technorati, Feedburner, etc.
- Themes & Widgets. BlogEngine.NET provides a variety of beautiful themes & widgets, which customers could choose to personalize their blogs. Even customers could modify or create their own themes with basic html and css knowledge.
- Comment System. BlogEngine.NET provides an advanced comment system which supports country flags, live preview, Grabatars and coCommnets.
- Standalone pages. Except for the regular posts, BlogEngine.NET allows bloggers to create and edit static pages that are not posts.
Moreover, BlogEngine.NET also supports BlogML import/export, extension model, code syntax highlighting, and more.